This 16th Century monument is erected on the banks of the River Yare near the junction of the River Chet to mark the boundary of jurisdiction between Norwich and Great Yarmouth. It can be reached by taking the footpath which follows the river bank from Hardley Dyke to Chedgrave.
A marker, of some form or other, has stood on this spot since 1400s. The Cross was repaired in 1820, 1884 and 1899 when the fence was erected around it. It received further attention in 1990 and the bank was strengthened as the cross was in danger of falling into the river. Despite many passed repairs it is generally in good condition.
The moorings beside the River Yare, for six boats, and the Wherrymans Way ensure the Cross is well visited.