Hardley War Memorial is situated in St Margaret’s churchyard, Lower Hardley Road, Hardley. the Memorial originally cost £40, was unveiled in 1920 in commemoration of seven local servicemen who died in the First World War. It is situated beside the churchyard path, adjacent to the north porch of the church. The memorial comprises a stone wheel head cross with knot-work carved in low relief to the cross face and with the monogram IHS at the centre, on a tapering plinth with a two-stepped, square base below.
The phrase THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE is incised in a scroll shape to the front face of the cross shaft.
The principal dedicatory inscription is incised to the front of the plinth, reading IN MEMORY OF THE MEN OF/HARDLEY/WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES IN THE/GREAT WAR 1914-1919/ (7 NAMES)
The memorial was renovated in 2016 with the assistance of a grant from War memorials Trust.